Calling Art Teachers and School Administrators…Can Your School Have The Next
PLAY IT SAFE OCEAN CITY POSTER CONTEST WINNER?
PLEASE ENCOURAGE THIS AS A SCHOOL PROJECT!
2018 Play It Safe Poster Design Contest Rules
ENTER THE 2018 PLAY IT SAFE POSTER DESIGN CONTEST!!!
For A Complete Copy Of These Rules
WHAT IS THE MISSION OF “PLAY IT SAFE”? “ To encourage high school graduates to make informed, healthy choices while having responsible fun without the use of alcohol and other drugs ”
WHAT IS THE “PLAY IT SAFE GRADUATION PROJECT”? The Ocean City Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Committee (OCDAAPC), Inc., the Town of Ocean City, MD and the Worcester County Health Department have worked together since 1989 to plan, develop, and implement the “Play It Safe” project for all high school graduates across Maryland. The project culminates in Ocean City during June each year.
THE WORK OF “PLAY IT SAFE” INCLUDES:
– Developing, printing, and distributing “Play It Safe” booklets to high school seniors
– Planning and implementing a statewide multimedia campaign
– Sponsoring special alcohol and drug-free events during June which honor visiting high school graduates who choose to celebrate their graduation in Ocean City, MD
All events are free and fun.
The poster design contest is only for Maryland High School Students
The contest rules are:
- The poster design contest is open to any high school student in Maryland.
- Poster needs to be an 8 ½” x11″ camera ready, portrait format (not landscape), black and white image.
- (OCDAAPC, Inc., reserves the right to color the design as deemed appropriate.)
|Poster Drawing Orientation|
- Design must be an original, pen and/or ink, drawing by the artist, not computer-generated
- Design should not include indications of body piercing, tattoos, alcohol/drug use or tobacco use.
- Design must include the following wording:
- “Play It Safe” must be predominantly displayed, preferably at the top of the design
- ‘17 (as in 2017) High School Grads
- Ocean City, MD A Passport to Fun
- Signature of artist is to be in lower right corner
- Entries must include the name and address of the artist on the back of the design
- The entry must be accompanied by a letter, on school letterhead, from the respective school administrator and/or other school personnel.
- All “Play It Safe” Poster Design entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, October 30, 2017
**-All entries become the sole property of the OCDAAPC Worcester County Health Department
Winning entry will be posted on the Play It Safe web site.
GRAND PRIZE TBD, and … the winning design will be placed on thousands of “Play It Safe” T-shirts, 75,000 booklets and 500 posters! The grand prize winner will also be recognized at a major press event in Ocean City, MD Date TBA in 2017
All “Play It Safe” Poster Design entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, October 28, 2016.
Mail your “Play It Safe” entries to:
Worcester County Health Department/Prevention Office
Attn: Play It Safe Jaclyn Lensch
P.O. Box 249
Snow Hill, MD 21863
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CALL (410) 632-1100, ext 1125. The “Play It Safe Graduation Project” is made possible by Ocean City Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Committee, Inc., the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention, the Town of Ocean City, MD, and the Worcester County Health Department. ** All entries become the property of Worcester County Health Department
Play It Safe Fun Free Events
LAST YEARS WINNER
Ocean City, Md.-The Ocean City Drug Alcohol Abuse revention Committee announced last years 2016 poster Contest Winner. Each year the committee holds a poster contest. This winning entry was selected among numerous entries from Maryland High School Students. The winner will be honored at a Kick Off Breakfast and in the Press. The winning entry will appear on all of our Tee Shirts and web site.
Drumb Roll Please….
The winner is Madison Rolf from Cambridge South Dorchester Senior High School in Worcester County.
And The Winner Is …Madison Rolf
AND THE WINNER IS…#2:Madison Rolf from Cambridge-South Dorchester High School in Dorchester County. Congrats from O.C.D.A.A.P.C. Her winning entry seen here will be colorized and appear on our 2017 tees, website, …etc. Madison will be recognized and receive her prizes at the Kick Off Breakfast this year!
Each Year the Ocean City Drug Alcohol Abuse Prevention Committee (O.C.D.A.A.P.C.) holds their Annual Play It Safe Poster Contest open to all Maryland State High School Students. The winning entry is featured on the FREE TEE SHIRTS Play It Safe gives out during that years 2017 Fun Free Events as well as featured on our web site and stationary.
work seen here will be featured on all of the Play It Safe Ocean City Tees, Our Web Site, Our Passport To Fun Information Coupon Booklets…etc! Our winner will be honored at our Press Conference Kick off Breakfast in May 2017!